20 Hour TN SAFE Comprehensive Mortgage Lending Principles & Practice
The 20-Hour TN SAFE Comprehensive Mortgage Lending Principles & Practice (NMLS Course Approval ID # 3599), will be held Friday-Saturday, Jan. 13-14 at the Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff, 420 North Peters Road in Knoxville, Tenn., 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. each day with a Friday check-in at 7:45 a.m.
This 20 Hour TN SAFE Comprehensive Mortgage Lending Principles & Practice uses the Mortgage Lending Principles and Practices, 7th edition textbook and the TNAMP Tennessee Mortgage Law Guide, (both are included in this class fee) which were designed to meet the core criteria established by the SAFE Act for national mortgage loan originators desiring to be licensed in the State of Tennessee, including three hours on federal lending legislation—including recent changes to the Truth in Lending Act and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act as a result of the Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act—three hours on the critical topic of fair lending and ethics, and two hours on nontraditional lending products. In addition, the text presents elective topics selected to give students the information they need to successfully enter the mortgage lending field. This course provides a primer on the primary and secondary mortgage markets, as well as a review of the economic, legal, and valuation aspects of the real estate market. This course also details types of loan products and finance instruments—including conventional, government, and nontraditional financing tools— available today. Students will also learn the fundamentals of the residential mortgage lending process—from pre-qualifying potential borrowers, to understanding appraisals, to closing a loan. This 20 hour course also includes the 2 hour required TN Mortgage Law module.
- Finance & Risk - Risk Analytics Management Consultant - Accenture - New York, NY
- VP of Ag and Business Banking - TS Banking Group - Clinton, IL
- Chief Lending Officer (SVP/CLO) - North Coast Credit Union - Bellingham, WA
- AVP Wealth Management - San Jose, Req - Meriwest Credit Union - San Jose, CA
- Loan Originator | Mortgage Broker - New Horizon Mortgage Concepts - Redlands, CA
- Vice President of Servicing and Loss Mitigation - CUSO Home Lending - Hampden, ME