The law firm of Forizs & Dogali PA has announced that it has filed a class action lawsuit against National City Bank on behalf of customer, Jessica Pownall, and other customers like her alleging that PNC Bank, who was operating as National City Bank, charged Pownall and others like her excessive finance charges in violation of the Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA).
Pownall alleges on behalf of the class that PNC Bank, operating under National City Bank credit card agreements and monthly statements, are vague and contradictory causing customers to incur excessive finance charges for paying their credit card bill at a bank branch on its due date.
"We hope this case will force National City Bank, now known as PNC Bank, to comply with federal law and give their customers clear information they need to simply pay their bill," says an attorney for Pownall, Andy Dogali. "We believe that there are thousands of customers like Jessica who have been charged excessive finance charges for paying their bill on the day it was due."
The lawsuit has been filed in the Northern District of Ohio by the law firm of Forizs and Dogali PA, based out of Tampa, Fla., and David P. Meyer & Associates Company LPA, based out of Columbus, Ohio.
For more information, visit www.forizs-dogali.com.
- Banking Center Manager at Bell and Bullard Job - Comerica Incorporated - Surprise, AZ
- Banking Center Manager at Lewisville Job - Comerica Incorporated - Lewisville, TX
- Banking Center Manager at Greenville Job - Comerica Incorporated - Dallas, TX
- Mortgage Loan Officer - Memphis, Franklin or Brentwood, TN - Bank of America - Franklin, TN
- Mortgage Loan Officer - Memphis, Franklin or Brentwood, TN - Bank of America - Brentwood, TN
- Mortgage Loan Officer - Rochester, NY - Bank of America - Rochester, NY