Suit Filed Against PNC Bank for TILA Violations
The law firm of Forizs & Dogali PA has announced that it has filed a class action lawsuit against National City Bank on behalf of customer, Jessica Pownall, and other customers like her alleging that PNC Bank, who was operating as National City Bank, charged Pownall and others like her excessive finance charges in violation of the Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA).
Pownall alleges on behalf of the class that PNC Bank, operating under National City Bank credit card agreements and monthly statements, are vague and contradictory causing customers to incur excessive finance charges for paying their credit card bill at a bank branch on its due date.
"We hope this case will force National City Bank, now known as PNC Bank, to comply with federal law and give their customers clear information they need to simply pay their bill," says an attorney for Pownall, Andy Dogali. "We believe that there are thousands of customers like Jessica who have been charged excessive finance charges for paying their bill on the day it was due."
The lawsuit has been filed in the Northern District of Ohio by the law firm of Forizs and Dogali PA, based out of Tampa, Fla., and David P. Meyer & Associates Company LPA, based out of Columbus, Ohio.
For more information, visit www.forizs-dogali.com.
FMJ Job Listings
- Community Investment Analyst - The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago - Chicago, IL
- Auto Loan Underwriter - First Tech Federal Credit Union - Beaverton, OR
- Consumer Loan Underwriter - First Tech Federal Credit Union - Rocklin, CA
- Credit Underwriter - Entry Level - Bluevine - Redwood City, CA
- Mortgage Underwriter - First Tech Federal Credit Union - Beaverton, OR
- Mortgage Originator - Reverse mortgage Direct Inc. - FL