As reported by Callahan & Associates, loan originations have hit the highest ever volume recorded in the first quarter, according to data submitted by more than 7,000 credit unions. Callahan & Associates is a Washington, D.C.-based firm that delivers analysis of credit union quarterly performance through its proprietary software and financial publications. First mortgage and consumer loans helped fuel the strong origination growth, with credit unions recording the highest dollar volume of first mortgages originated in first quarter history. First mortgage originations totaled $26 billion through March 31, comprising about 36 percent of all originations. Reporting credit unions granted 160,746 first mortgage loans during Q1 with an average loan balance of $161,549.
“Originations during the first three months of 2012 exceeded $72 billion, up 25.3 percent over the same time period last year,” said Jay Johnson, executive vice president of Callahan & Associates. “This year-over-year growth is significantly higher than the 13.3 percent recorded in 2011.”
Consumer loan originations rose 16.6 percent to $39 billion, but posted a year-over-year decline as a percent of total originations. The overall record-breaking first quarter originations resulted in a 2.7 percent year-over-year increase in total loan balances outstanding, a positive reversal from the 0.9 percent decrease credit unions reported last year.
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Jacksonville or Pensacola, FL - Bank of America - Gainesville, FL
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Studio City, CA - Bank of America - Studio City, CA
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Austin, TX - Bank of America - Austin, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Orlando, FL - Bank of America - Winter Park, FL
- Mortgage Loan Associate- Newport Beach, CA - Bank of America - Newport Beach, CA
- Mortgage Retails - Sales Support Asst - Southlake, TX - Bank of America - Southlake, TX