Robert A. Harris Joins Clayton Holdings as General Counsel
Clayton Holdings LLC, a provider of due diligence, underwriting and surveillance services to the residential and commercial mortgage and fixed-income industries, has announced that Robert A. Harris has joined the company as general counsel. Harris will be responsible for all legal and regulatory aspects of Clayton’s businesses. He will report to Paul Bossidy, Clayton’s chief executive officer.
Harris joins Clayton with more than 25 years of legal experience as corporate counsel and in private practice roles. He served as chief legal officer of OpHedge Investment Services LLC, a provider of comprehensive middle and back office services to alternative investment managers and funds. He was also the compliance officer, corporate secretary and chief administrative officer at OpHedge. Harris’ private firm experience includes Zeldes, Needle & Cooper in Bridgeport, Conn., where he served as managing shareholder, and Levett Rockwood in Westport, Conn., where his practice concentrated on litigation, arbitration and mediation of complex commercial disputes.
“In today’s heavily regulated, zero-tolerance environment, clients expect their advisors and providers to scrupulously comply with the letter and spirit of laws and of all applicable regulations,” said Bossidy. “Rob’s legal background combined with his hands-on business experience will help Clayton stay ahead of the new rules that are transforming our industry.”
A member of both the Connecticut and New York bars, Harris is also a Connecticut and American Bar Foundation Fellow and has served as chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Section. He received his B.A. from Haverford College and his J.D. from the University of Virginia.
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Originator | Mortgage Broker - New Horizon Mortgage Concepts - Redlands, CA
- Vice President of Servicing and Loss Mitigation - CUSO Home Lending - Hampden, ME
- Associate Director, Conference Programs - Mortgage Bankers Association - Washington, DC
- Real Estate Disclosure Coordinator - Provident Credit Union - Redwood City, CA
- Assistant Underwriter - Cinnaire Corporation - Lansing, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - SunStar Mortgage Services - High Deset, CA