Carson Hearing on HUD Nomination Set For January 12
January 6, 2017
The Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs has announced that it will meet on January 12 for the confirmation hearing of Dr. Ben Carson’s nomination to be the next Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The hearing is scheduled to take place starting at 10:00 a.m. This will be the first public appearance by Dr. Carson to discuss his potential HUD role since he was chosen for the position by President-Elect Donald Trump.
The transition between the Obama and Trump administrations regarding HUD appears to be going well, despite a series of derogatory Twitter postings where HUD Secretary Julian Castro insisted the next president was "corrupt." In an interview with The Atlantic's CityLab, Castro stated that he has been cooperating with the incoming administration regarding the handover of power.
“I have met with the four members of the landing team, led by John Bravacos. I met with them about two weeks ago and had a very good meeting,” said Castro. “They have met with many different individuals within HUD. There’s a process that the landing team has been going through. I also connected with Dr. Carson last week. We had a chance, in a very introductory way, to connect and talk about the importance of the mission at HUD. I assured him we want to do everything we can to have a smooth transition and provide him with any information he or his team needs as he prepares for his confirmation hearings.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Real Estate / Mortgage Attorney - Special Counsel - Denver, CO
- Senior Vice President, Shared Service for Mortgages - PenFed Credit Union - McLean, VA
- Loan Operations Associate - Oxford Bank & Trust - Oak Brook
- Mortgage Business Analyst - Randstad Technologies - McLean, VA
- Info Security Engineer 4 - Wells Fargo - Minneapolis, MN
- Info Security Engineer 4 - Database Security Engineer DAM/DAP - Wells Fargo - Charlotte, NY