Ridgewood Savings Bank Partners With the New York Islanders on Charitable Initiatives
March 21, 2017
In keeping with their slogan, “multiply the good,” Ridgewood Savings Bank has teamed up with the New York Islanders, pledging to donate $10 to local charities for every save made by an Islanders goalie this season. So far, past the halfway point in the season, the “Save With Ridgewood” sponsorship has led to nearly $20,000 in donations.
“The Islanders goalies have made 2,058 saves, as of today,” said Leonard Stekol, Ridgewood Bank’s president and COO. “Which means we’re on pace for donating more than $20,000 again this year.”
As the Islanders goalie tandem continue to make saves, future money will also be donated to Brooklyn Community Housing and Services (BCHS), committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn, providing short-term, transitional and permanent housing services.
“With the funds raised so far, we’ve donated $10,000 to the Prospect Park Alliance for its free ‘Sticks and Skates presented by HSS’ weekly kid’s clinics,” said Domenico Ciaccio, AVP of Community Relations for Ridgewood. “We are so pleased to help out the Brooklyn community. That money goes to providing children with the helmets, sticks, pucks, elbow pads, gloves and with a chance to learn how to play hockey.”
Fans can track saves and make donations as the season progresses on the Islanders’ Web site. Last year, with this program, Ridgewood Savings Bank donated $22,410 to charities.
FMJ Job Listings
- Senior Agency Analyst - Bellwether Enterprise - Charlotte, NC
- Supervising Partner Florida Foreclosure- Delray Beach FL - Hire Velocity - Delray Beach, FL
- Real Estate / Mortgage Attorney - Special Counsel - Denver, CO
- Senior Vice President, Shared Service for Mortgages - PenFed Credit Union - McLean, VA
- Loan Operations Associate - Oxford Bank & Trust - Oak Brook
- Mortgage Business Analyst - Randstad Technologies - McLean, VA