FHFA Releases New GSE Foreclosure Data
April 14, 2017
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac completed 14,558 foreclosure prevention actions in January, according to new data released by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA).
During the first months of the year, the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) completed 9,405 permanent loan modifications; the share of modifications with principal forbearance dropped by 19 percent during the month while modifications with extend-term only increased to 44 percent, which the FHFA attributed to continuing improvement in house prices.
The GSEs also completed 1,615 short sales and deeds-in-lieu in January, down five percent compared with December. The serious delinquency rate remained flat at 1.12 percent at the end of January as third-party and foreclosure sales increased 16 percent from 5,764 in December to 6,705 in January. Also on the rise were foreclosure starts, which were up 10 percent from 15,133 in December to 16,604 in January.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Closer - Waterstone Mortgage Corporation - Pewaukee, WI
- Associate Director Portfolio Strategy - Fhlb Des Moines - Des Moines, IA
- Mortgage Loan Consultat/Processor - CU Mortgage Services INC - new brighton, MN
- Business Analyst - Randstad Technologies - McLean, VA
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - TwinStar Credit Union - Lacey, WA
- Loan Officer Assistant - Carlyle Financial - San Francisco, CA