Gary Morrison Named Executive Director of NewDay USA Foundation
April 19, 2017
NewDay USA has announced the promotion of Gary Morrison to the position of executive director of the NewDay USA Foundation, the non-profit organization that serves as the principle instrument of philanthropy for the company.
"We are very fortunate to have a person of Gary Morrison's experience on our leadership team," said Rear Admiral Tom Lynch USN (Ret.), executive chairman of NewDay USA. "His empathy for the families of our military service members and his passionate, take-charge style make him the perfect choice to lead the NewDay USA Foundation."
As executive director of the NewDay USA Foundation, Morrison will be overseeing the Foundation's scholarship program, which provides scholarships to children of fallen or severely wounded veterans, as well as those whose families have endured multiple, extended deployments. Since the inception of the scholarship program in 2013, the Foundation has provided 26 scholarships to children attending select military high schools.
"I look forward to continuing our great work, impacting the lives of these young men and women whose families have given so much to our country," Morrison said. "I also hope to grow the Volunteering for Veterans program that provides opportunities for employees to take an active role in NewDay USA's culture of giving back. In 2016, our wonderfully dedicated team members gave over 1,200 volunteer hours to a wide variety of veteran-related causes."
In addition to his other accomplishments, Morrison is the author of Your Kids—Their Future, and has gained national recognition as a successful motivational speaker, conducting seminars on the art of expanding opportunities, team building and leadership.
FMJ Job Listings
- MPF Program Supervisor - FHLBank Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
- Vice President of Finance - Municipal Employees Credit Union of Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
- Investment Analyst - Commercial Real Estate Finance - NorthMarq Capital - Raleigh, NC
- Home Loan Operations Manager - AAA Michigan/The Auto Club Group - Dearborn, Michigan
- Internal Audit - Citywide Home Loans - Denver, CO
- Salesforce Administrator / Non-Technical Project Manager III - Fannie Mae - Washington, DC