New Study Uncovers Errors in Loan Officer Web Pages
May 3, 2017
The old warning about not believing everything that you read on the Internet may have some value when it comes to mortgage loan officers’ online information.
According to a study of 5,849 loan officers’ online presence conducted by Yext, a New York-based digital knowledge management provider, 64 percent of business listings had the wrong addresses, 42 percent had incorrect telephone number errors and 46 percent having errors in business names. Duplicate listings made up 9.25 percent of loan officer pages, while 57.8 percent of loan officers studied had no online presence at all.
“The mortgage industry is experiencing large-scale disruption as homebuyers use in-depth online information and reviews to find lenders and decide on a provider to trust,” said Marc Ferrentino, chief strategy officer of Yext. “In the end, consumer lending is still done person-to-person, so clients are looking for personalized and accurate information on the individual loan officer they are considering working with.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Home Loan Consultant - Corporate Call & Web Center - WSECU - Olympia, WA
- Mortgage Loan Originators - 7th Level Mortgage LLC - Cherry Hill, NJ
- Consumer Lending Manager - San Francisco Federal Credit Union - San Francisco, CA
- Mortgage Closer - Waterstone Mortgage Corporation - Pewaukee, WI
- Associate Director Portfolio Strategy - Fhlb Des Moines - Des Moines, IA
- Sr. Manager IT Operations - Randstad Technologies - Carrollton, TX