WFG’s New York Agency Counsel Michael Kelly Announces Retirement
May 18, 2017
WFG National Title Insurance Company has announced that Michael Kelly, vice president and state underwriting counsel for the company’s New York agents, is retiring. Kelly began his career in the title industry as a title searcher in 1972, after earning his undergraduate degree from St. Lawrence University in upstate New York.
Kelly had previously served his country as a military policeman during the Vietnam conflict. Attending law school at night, he received his JD from St. John’s University and was admitted to the New York Bar in 1978. After a short stint in private practice, Kelly took a job with Security Title and Guarantee Company. He has worked in the title insurance industry ever since, as underwriting counsel for both direct and agency operations, working at various times for three of the nation’s largest title insurance companies. He has been New York State Counsel for WFG National Title since 2012. Mike is a member of the NYS Bar Association Title and Transfer Section, and has been on the Executive Committee of the New York Land Title Association for many years.
“It’s virtually impossible to replace a man like Mike Kelly,” said Gene Rebadow, WFG National Title EVP, Agency, Eastern Division. “His outstanding service on behalf of WFG’s agents as well as the New York Land Title Association will not soon be forgotten. He has been an outstanding resource and ally for our agents, and we wish him nothing but the very best in the future.”
FMJ Job Listings
- MPF Program Supervisor - FHLBank Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
- Vice President of Finance - Municipal Employees Credit Union of Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
- Investment Analyst - Commercial Real Estate Finance - NorthMarq Capital - Raleigh, NC
- Home Loan Operations Manager - AAA Michigan/The Auto Club Group - Dearborn, Michigan
- Internal Audit - Citywide Home Loans - Denver, CO
- Salesforce Administrator / Non-Technical Project Manager III - Fannie Mae - Washington, DC