Ginnie Mae Unpaid Principle Balance Hits $1.870 Trillion
September 28, 2017
Ginnie Mae has announced that issuance of its mortgage back securities (MBS) totaled $44.13 billion in August, an increase from July’s issuance of $41.95 billion.
A breakdown of August’s issuance includes $42.14 billion of Ginnie Mae II MBS and $2 billion of Ginnie Mae I MBS, which provided access to $42.68 billion in capital for single family home loans and $1.45 billion for multifamily home loans.
Issuance in Fiscal Year 2017 to date is $465 billion, which maintains pace for Ginnie Mae to surpass its MBS issuance totals for FY16. Ginnie Mae total outstanding unpaid principle balance increased to $1.870 trillion, which is up from $1.713 trillion in August 2016.
FMJ Job Listings
- Vice President of Real Estate Lending - San Mateo Credit Union - Redwood City, CA
- Commercial Services Associate - RTN Federal Credit Union - Waltham, MA
- HR Manager - Summit Funding Inc - Sacramento, CA
- Home Equity Manager - WSECU - Olympia, WA
- Chief Lending Officer - Royal Credit Union - Eau Claire, WI
- Financial Consultant - Online Hiring Event 10/18 - Charles Schwab - Wayzata, MN