Mortgage Fraudster Extradited From Ireland
November 13, 2017
The old joke about the long arm of the law became a reality for Patrick Lee, a Massachusetts resident who was extradited from Ireland to face federal mortgage fraud charges.
According to U.S. News & World Report, Lee holds dual U.S.-Irish citizen and has lived in Ireland since 2007. In 2011, he was indicted on federal charges of mortgage fraud related to the use of forged mortgage applications and property appraisals in the acquisition of Boston properties between 2005 and 2007. The properties went into foreclosure, resulting in losses for the lenders.
Lee’s extradition is the first since 2012 for the return of a U.S. citizen from Ireland. Lee’s attorney stated that he intends to enter a not guilty plea.
FMJ Job Listings
- VP, Financial Consultant - Charles Schwab - Tucson, AZ
- Financial Consultant Partner - Charles Schwab - Minneapolis, MN
- Associate Financial Consultant - Charles Schwab - Tampa, FL
- Associate Financial Consultant - Charles Schwab - Pleasanton, CA
- Associate Financial Consultant - Charles Schwab - New York, NY
- VP, Financial Consultant - Charles Schwab - Atlanta, GA