Waters Poised to Chair House Financial Services Committee
November 7, 2018
Last night’s victory by the Democrats in regaining the House of Representatives could lead to Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) gaining the chairmanship of the House Financial Services Committee.
Waters, who is the Committee’s Ranking Member, easily won re-election against Republican challenger Omar Navarro. She used her Twitter channel on Election Day to reinforce her opposition to President Trump’s policy and personality.
“In the final analysis, lies, fear mongering, and deceit can never win,” she tweeted. “The American people will reject Trump's disgraceful leadership. The truth will prevail and the American people will win.”
Waters also tweeted a shout-out to Millennial voters that she cited as being part of her base. “#Millennials, I never believed the haters & pundits,” she tweeted. “I have talked w/ you. I have listened to all of you & am so proud you've adopted me as your #AuntieMaxine. I'm so pleased you are proving everyone wrong & voting in huge numbers today! Your voices will make a difference.”
If confirmed, Waters will replace Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) as the Committee Chairman. Hensarling did not seek re-election.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Officer- Leads Provided - Base + Commission - EECU - Fort Worth, TX
- Mortgage Processor - Credit Union of Georgia - Marietta, GA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - XENIA, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - OAKWOOD, OH
- Area Sales Manager (ASM) I - Fifth Third Bank - BRENTWOOD, TN
- Mortgage Closer I - Fifth Third Bank - OAK LAWN, IL