Brian D. Montgomery Tapped to Return as FHA Chief
September 13, 2017
President Trump has nominated Brian D. Montgomery to become an Assistant Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and commissioner of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), a position that he held from 2005 to 2009.
Montgomery is currently Vice Chairman of The Collingwood Group, a Washington, D.C.-based advisory firm focused on business consulting, risk management, and compliance within the financial services industry. He briefly served as HUD’s Acting Secretary in January 2009 and was earlier a Deputy Assistant to President George W. Bush.
David H. Stevens, who succeeded Montgomery as FHA chief before becoming President and CEO of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), welcomed the possibility of Montgomery’s return to the Executive Branch.
“MBA applauds the nomination of Brian Montgomery to lead the Federal Housing Administration,” Stevens said. “His previous experience will serve him well in this position. I hope the Senate will move quickly to confirm Brian and we look forward to working with him, Secretary Carson, and others in the Administration to ensure a strong, robust FHA program that can serve its mission of providing affordable housing opportunities, both rental and owned, for all Americans, especially those with low and moderate incomes and first-time homebuyers.”
William E. Brown, President of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), said, "FHA’s mission is critical to the business of our members. Having strong leadership at the helm means fresh opportunities to improve the FHA programs that put homeownership in reach for millions of Americans every year. We congratulate Brian on the nomination and hope to see him swiftly confirmed.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Business Development Mortgage Originator - ESL Federal Credit Union - Rochester, NY
- Assistant Vice President - Mortgage Origination - WESTconsin Credit Union - Menomonie, WI
- Sr Dir GSI Operations & Underwriting - Standard, The - Portland, OR
- Personal Banker - Washington Market Locations: Seattle Metro - Seattle Northeast Metro - Bellevue - Peninsula, WA (WWA) - JPMorgan Chase and - Seattle, WA
- Mortgage Wholesale Specialist III - Santander - Villanova, PA
- Mortgage Loan Officer - American Financial Network - Levittown, PA