ALTA Launches Online Database for Title Insurance Agents
The American Land Title Association (ALTA) has debuted the ALTA Registry, national online resource that will allow title insurance agents and settlement companies to communicate with underwriters to confirm their company name and contact information.
The ALTA Registry will also assign a unique identification number, the ALTA ID, to each title agent office location for precise identification. ALTA estimated there are nearly 30,000 title and settlement companies and real estate attorneys in the U.S., but there has not been an online, searchable database currently exists to identify title and settlement agents and real estate attorneys early in the real estate transaction.
“Much like if you look up someone’s number in a phone book, the national ALTA Registry is a snapshot of useful information for the real estate industry,” said Michelle Korsmo, ALTA’s CEO. “You may find a house you like on Zillow, but you would still call your real estate agent to see if it’s still available and what’s the current listing price. The ALTA Registry database lists a business and its accurate information at the time of confirmation by a title insurance underwriter. We look forward to working with our industry partners to confirm thousands of title insurance agents, settlement companies and real estate attorneys in the months to come.”
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Senior Mortgage Underwriter *Remote* - Confidential - REMOTE, NA
- IT-Assistant Vice President - Undisclosed - Morrisville, NC
- IT-Vice President, Global Markets Techology - Undisclosed - Morrisville, NC
- Personal Banker- Belvidere IL - FNBO - Belvidere,
- Loan Processor I - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,
- Training Manager, Operations - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,