Urban Financial Group Inc. has named Kenneth F. Sawan as vice president of retail sales, leading Urban’s retail expansion efforts. Sawan began his career in the reverse mortgage industry nearly 20 years ago. He has extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of origination, processing and leading professionals within the senior community audience. He has originated loans directly, managed both a processing center as well as a call center and managed a multi-state region for a retail business channel. He has worked with several industry leaders over the years including Unity Mortgage Corporation and Financial Freedom Senior Funding Corporation. Most recently, Sawan worked at MetLife Home Loans as assistant VP, regional manager of the Great Lakes Region.
“Ken has extensive knowledge and experience in all areas of origination, processing and leading professionals within the senior community,” said Sherry Apanay, managing director of sales for Urban. “We are excited to add his depth of experience and leadership to our growing team.”
Sawan earned his bachelor's of science in political science from the University of Akron, Ohio.
- General/Other: Customer Support/Client Care - NORTHEAST HOME LOAN, LLC - West Chesterfield, NH
- Quality Assurance Team Manager - Sutherland Mortgage - Houston, TX
- Lending Department Manager - NeighborWorks Montana - Missoula, MT
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Champions Mortgage - Melbourne, FL
- branch Manager/MLO/Team Leaders - Franklin First Financial - FL
- Associate Director CML Production - Aegon Asset Management - Cedar Rapids, IA