Spiegel Accountancy Forms Alliance With Bedford Cost Segregation
July 14, 2017
Spiegel Accountancy has formed an alliance with Bedford Cost Segregation to assist its mortgage lending clients in applying research and development tax credits as a beneficial tax strategy.
While the R&D tax credit has been around since 1981, it was recently made permanent and the incentives were expanded upon to increase opportunities for those who develop “internal-use” software, which broadens the types of businesses the credit may be applicable for. Now, certain mortgage lenders may benefit from this tax credit.
“We have partnered with the best, Bedford, to help our clients determine their eligibility for these incentives,” said Jeff Spiegel, CPA, Principal at Spiegel Accountancy Corp.
The R&D tax credit was designed to encourage economic stimulation and is an incentive for businesses of all sizes to invest in research and development activities and increase technological growth and competitiveness. The U.S. federal tax law provides a benefit up to 20 percent in the form of a non-refundable tax credit for mortgage companies that engage in qualified research and development activities. The credit, if used, can create immediate cash flow by reducing tax liability dollar for dollar. Mortgage companies that create new or improved products, processes or select technologies have the potential to take advantage of the credit.
“We’re excited about our partnership with Spiegel Accountancy Corp. and the wealth of opportunities our collaboration offers mortgage lenders,” said Greg Bryant, Managing Partner at Bedford Cost Segregation.
FMJ Job Listings
- Multifamily Portfolio Managment Director - Freddie Mac - Mc Lean, VA
- Loss Mitigation Manager - PHH Corporation - Mount Laurel, NJ
- Senior Quality Assurance Specialist - Servicing - BOK Financial Corporation - Irving, TX
- Personal Banker III - Cadence Bank N.A. - West Point, MS
- Retail Sales Manager (Grand Rapids, MI) - EverBank - Grand Rapids, MI
- Financial Services Associate - Hancock Bank - New Orleans, LA