Agencies seek comment on proposed interagency guidance on funding and liquidity risk management
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the National Credit Union Administration are issuing this guidance to communicate consistent expectations on sound practices for the management of funding and liquidity risks, and to strengthen liquidity risk-management practices. This guidance brings the agencies' liquidity risk principles into alignment with the international guidance issued in September 2008 by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision titled, Principles for Sound Liquidity Risk Management and Supervision.
Recent turmoil in the financial markets emphasizes the importance of good liquidity risk management for the safety and soundness of financial institutions. The proposed guidance emphasizes the importance of cash flow projections, diversified funding sources, stress testing, a cushion of liquid assets, and a formal, well-developed contingency funding plan for measuring, monitoring, and managing liquidity risk. The proposed guidance, when finalized, will apply to all domestic financial institutions, including banks, thrifts, and credit unions.
The agencies are requesting comments on all aspects of the proposed guidance, which will be published in the Federal Register. Comments are due within 60 days after publication in the Federal Register.
For a copy of Proposed Interageny Guidance--Funding and Liquidity Risk Management, click here.
FMJ Job Listings
- Risk Model Development & Validation, Sr Associate (Financial Services) - PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, NY
- Title Insurance Underwriter - New York Bankers Title Agency West, LLC - Amsterdam, NY
- Chase Wealth Management Advisor Development Program - Chase - , CA
- Chase Wealth Management Advisor Development Program - Chase - , GA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Southport - Fifth Third Bank - Indianapolis, IN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - south side Indy - Fifth Third Bank - Indianapolis, IN