Freddie Mac names Jerry Weiss to the newly created position of EVP, chief administrative officer
Freddie Mac has named Jerry Weiss to the newly created position of chief administrative officer (CAO). Weiss will continue to serve as the company's chief compliance officer and oversee the compliance, economics and strategy, regulatory affairs and mission divisions. As CAO, he will also manage two additional functions—external relations and human resources. Weiss will continue to report directly to Chief Executive Officer Charles E. "Ed" Haldeman Jr., as a member of Freddie Mac's management committee.
"Creating a CAO position aligns functions that position Freddie Mac as an effective means of support for our housing mission and responsible stewards of taxpayer funds," said Haldeman. "Jerry is a talented and knowledgeable executive and is well suited to manage these multiple responsibilities as the company continues to support the nation's housing recovery in conservatorship."
Weiss manages Freddie Mac's regulatory affairs and he serves as the company's senior executive liaison to the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) and the U.S. Department of the Treasury. In 2009, Weiss gained responsibility for overseeing the company's activities related to the President's Making Home Affordable Program (MHA), including Freddie Mac's MHA—compliance organization, which manages the compliance review function of the MHA mortgage loan modification program.
Weiss joined Freddie Mac in 2003 and has more than 25 years experience in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Freddie Mac, Weiss was global head of compliance at Merrill Lynch Investment Managers for 13 years. From 1982 to 1990, Weiss was with a national law practice in Washington, D.C., where he specialized in securities regulation, investment management and corporate finance matters. Weiss graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. from the State University of New York at Binghamton and earned his law degree from The George Washington University.
For more information, visit www.FreddieMac.com.
FMJ Job Listings
- Fulfillment Team Leader- SFLO - Bank Of America - Brea, CA
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Sarasota Main - Bank Of America - Sarasota, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Rochester Orion FC - Rochester Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Rochester Hills, MI
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Martin Downs Blvd - Bank Of America - Palm City, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Jensen Beach - Bank Of America - Jensen Beach, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Brighton Challis FC - Brighton, MI - Bank Of America - Brighton, MI