Senate Committee Approves Powell for Fed Job
December 5, 2017
The Senate Banking Committee overwhelmingly approved President Trump’s nomination of Jerome Powell to become the next chairman of the Federal Reserve.
The bipartisan vote was 22-1 in favor, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) casting the only negative vote. Warren claimed her belief that Powell would ease financial rules rather than make them stronger. However, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), the committee’s ranking member, stated Powell “provides our economy with the best chance of continued economic growth.”
Powell’s nomination will go to the full Senate for official confirmation.
FMJ Job Listings
- FBL Analyst III - BankUnited, N.A. - New York, NY
- Financial&Treasury Management Manager - PwC - Chicago, IL
- Find Your Future - Springleaf OneMain - Redding, CA
- Find Your Future - Springleaf OneMain - Sioux City, IA
- Find Your Future - Springleaf OneMain - Warner Robins, GA
- Find Your Future - Springleaf OneMain - Abington, PA