Court Date Set for English’s CFPB Appeal
February 6, 2018
Leandra English will have her day in court on April 12, when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit is scheduled to hear the oral argument on why she should be considered as the Acting Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
English filed her opening appeal brief on Jan. 30, and the Department of Justice will need to file its opposition brief no later than Feb. 23. English will have the right to a reply brief that is due by March 6.
English is appealing the district court’s denial of a preliminary injunction motion seeking the legal affirmation that she is the CFPB Acting Director, a job that is held by President Trump’s appointee Mick Mulvaney. The President has yet to nominate a replacement for Richard Cordray, who resigned as CFPB Director in late November to pursue the Democratic nomination for Governor of Ohio.
FMJ Job Listings
- VP Lending - Members 1st Credit Union - Redding, CA
- Mortgage Lender and First Home Club Manager - Cooperative Federal - Syracuse, NY
- Universal Banker - Fremont Safeway - U.S. Bank - Fremont, CA
- Real Estate Paralegal (Title & Survey) - Ballard Spahr LLP - Washington, DC
- Vice President & Global Chief Actuary, Global Mortgage Insurance - Genworth - Raleigh, NC
- Portfolio Surveilance Analyst - CBRE - Houston, TX