FHFA Seeks Comment on Third-Party Credit Score Models
December 13, 2018
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) is seeking public comment on a proposed rule to establish standards and criteria for the validation and approval of third-party credit score models that would be used by the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs).
The proposed rule would establish a four-phase process for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to validate and approve credit score models: Solicitation of applications from credit score model developers, review of submitted applications, credit score assessment and enterprise business assessment. The GSEs are not required to use a third-party credit score model, but using this type of a model would require GSE approval based on the federal law and FHFA regulations.
The FHFA is also hosting a webinar on Jan. 9 at 1:00 p.m. EST to explain the proposed rule and answer questions regarding its contents.
FMJ Job Listings
- Attorneys - SBA Office of Disaster Assistance (ODA) - Citrus Heights, CA
- Loan Specialists - U.S. Small Business Administration - Citrus Heights, CA
- Loan Assistants - U.S. Small Business Administration - Citrus Heights, CA
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Omaha,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Portland,