FHFA Seeks Comment on Third-Party Credit Score Models
December 13, 2018
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) is seeking public comment on a proposed rule to establish standards and criteria for the validation and approval of third-party credit score models that would be used by the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs).
The proposed rule would establish a four-phase process for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to validate and approve credit score models: Solicitation of applications from credit score model developers, review of submitted applications, credit score assessment and enterprise business assessment. The GSEs are not required to use a third-party credit score model, but using this type of a model would require GSE approval based on the federal law and FHFA regulations.
The FHFA is also hosting a webinar on Jan. 9 at 1:00 p.m. EST to explain the proposed rule and answer questions regarding its contents.
FMJ Job Listings
- Private Banking Sr. Client Service Assoc. - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - WOODHAVEN, MI
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Atlanta area, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Atlanta, GA
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Augusta, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Augusta, GA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II. - Fifth Third Bank - HOLLAND, MI