FHFA Extends COVID-Related Loan Flexibilities
The Federal Housing Finance Agency announced that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will extend several loan origination flexibilities until Dec. 31, 2020.
The FHFA approved the extensions in support of borrowers who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as those who are looking to purchase a home during the current national emergency. Initially, the current flexibilities were set to expire on Nov. 30, 2020.
These extensions include alternative appraisals on purchase and rate term refinance loans, alternative methods for documenting income and verifying employment before loan closing and the use of a power of attorney to assist with loan closings.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- General Manager - Humanity Trading LLC - New York City, NY
- Real Estate Operations Administrator - SF Fire Credit Union - San Francisco, CA
- Mortgage Loan Originator (204th & Maple) - FNBO - Elkhorn,
- Universal Banker (Overland Park, KS - College/Mn) - FNBO - Overland park,
- Director, Account Resolution - First Entertainment Credit Union - Hollywood, CA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II (Southeast Cobb) Smyrna, GA - Fifth Third Bank - Smyrna, GA