Fannie Mae Enhances HomeReady Mortgage to Expand Credit Access
Fannie Mae has announced enhancements to HomeReady. HomeReady allows borrowers to provide as little as three percent down, and was the first affordable lending option to offer creditworthy borrowers the ability to qualify with income from non-borrower household members. HomeReady continues to evolve with enhancements that expand access to credit responsibly and promote successful homeownership.
New enhancements offer:
►Simplified income eligibility: Fannie Mae has raised income limits to 100 percent of area median income in all areas, except low income market tracts that have no limit, making it easier for lenders to determine eligibility for HomeReady and helping more homebuyers take advantage of this affordable mortgage option.
►More support for sustainable homeownership: In addition to the online course offered by Fannie Mae's partner Framework, Fannie Mae will accept one-on-one pre-purchase advising from HUD-approved providers to meet HomeReady's homeownership education requirement. In the coming months, Fannie Mae will offer lenders a $500 credit to encourage borrowers to take advantage of this new personalized support option. Together, these options will help more borrowers succeed in sustainable long-term homeownership with HomeReady.
►Market-driven features: More than 700 Fannie Mae lenders have already adopted the HomeReady mortgage, helping thousands of families become homeowners. HomeReady features continue to evolve to incorporate feedback from lenders, making it a simpler, more effective product for the affordable and underserved market.
FMJ Job Listings
- Analyst, Production Support - JLL - Charlotte, NC
- Sales and Service Manager - Undisclosed - Louisville, KY
- Retail Personal Banker - Cincinnati - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker - Cincinnati (North) - Fifth Third Bank - SPRINGBORO, OH
- Retail Personal Banker ll - Cincinnati - Fifth Third Bank - KENWOOD, OH
- Personal Banker Associate 1 - Hyde Park IL - Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL