Trade Groups Urge Senate to Vote on Patanaude’s HUD Nomination
September 6, 2017
A coalition of nearly 60 housing, real estate and consumer trade groups have called on the Senate leadership to prioritize a vote on Pam Patanaude as Deputy Secretary of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), the coalition “implored” the Senate to move forward on a floor vote for Patanaude’s nomination, which passed the Senate Banking Committee in June but then stalled. The coalition also noted that Patenaude is currently president of the J. Ronald Terwilliger Foundation for America's Families and also served as director of housing policy with the Bipartisan Policy Center's Housing Commission. She was a HUD Assistant Secretary in the George W. Bush administration.
"Ms. Patenaude has shown a dedication to housing through her many years of service," the letter said. "Her previous tenure at HUD provides her with a great understanding of both the organization itself as well as its programs. She also has experience at the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, which provides her with the state/local perspective of HUD programs at work."
Among the groups within the coalition are the American Bankers Association, Center for Responsible Lending, Council of FHLBanks, Mortgage Bankers Association, NAACP, National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, National Association of Home Builders, National Association of Realtors, National Low-Income Housing Coalition, National Multifamily Housing Council and National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association.
FMJ Job Listings
- Associate Producer - Commercial Real Estate Finance - NorthMarq Capital - White Plains, NY
- Director, Long Term Disability Claims - The Standard - White Plains, NY
- Relationship Manager, Mortgage Partnership Finance (MPF) - Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston - Boston, MA
- Title Officer,Comml,Sr - First Group - Pleasanton, CA
- Residential Appraiser - First Group - Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Residential Appraiser - First Group - Virginia Beach, VA