Warren Buffett Mortgage Firm Opens Commercial Lending Division
October 18, 2017
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc., a division of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway business empire that specializes in consumer manufactured housing, has created a commercial lending division.
The new division will offer commercial financing in select states, with a lending range between $1 million to $5 million. The division’s borrowers will be land-lease communities, including communities and parks serving this housing sector. Maryville, Tenn.-based Vanderbilt will approach this business as a portfolio lender and servicing the loans it originates.
“Manufactured housing is providing a solution to the affordable housing crisis,” said Eric Hamilton, president of Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance. “We are very excited to launch this division which will help owners of land-lease communities provide more access to high-quality, low-cost housing options.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Wealth Management Lending Officer - Bank Of America - Houston, TX
- Sr. Lending Officer - Woodland Hills Area, CA - Bank Of America - Woodland Hills, CA
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - band 5 - Bank Of America - Brea, CA
- Financial Center Loan Officer- West Paces Ferry - Bank Of America - Atlanta, GA
- Condo CoOp Project Review Specialist - Bank Of America - New York, NY
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - VENICE, FL