Lord & Taylor Sells Anchor NYC Store for $850M
October 25, 2017
One of the nation’s most prominent retailers has sold its iconic New York anchor store.
According to a New York Times report, the 676,000-square-foot Lord & Taylor building on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan was sold by the retailer’s parent company, the Canadian corporation Hudson’s Bay, for $850 million to WeWork, an office-sharing operation. Lord & Taylor will rent out one-quarter of building, which will be transitioned into WeWork’s global headquarters in 2019.
Lord & Taylor was founded in 1826 by English merchant Samuel Lord and operated from its Fifth Avenue site since 1914. The store’s elaborate street-level display windows during the Christmas season has been a staple of New York’s holiday festivities.
There has been no announcement regarding whether Lord & Taylor stores around the country will be impacted by the sale of the anchor location.
FMJ Job Listings
- Associate Producer - Commercial Real Estate Finance - NorthMarq Capital - White Plains, NY
- Director, Long Term Disability Claims - The Standard - White Plains, NY
- Relationship Manager, Mortgage Partnership Finance (MPF) - Federal Home Loan Bank of Boston - Boston, MA
- Title Officer,Comml,Sr - First Group - Pleasanton, CA
- Residential Appraiser - First Group - Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Residential Appraiser - First Group - Virginia Beach, VA