Rose City Mortgage Celebrates Donation Milestone
March 8, 2018
Rose City Mortgage, a Division of Primary Residential Mortgage Inc. (PRMI), donates $100 to a non-profit organization for every loan it closes. The company believes businesses can make a profit while bettering the world, and after 16 years of giving back to the community, it has reached a milestone of $400,000 in total donations.
These funds have benefitted community members, families, animals and more in 50 non-profits, including the Raphael House of Portland, Columbia Land Trust, The Pongo Fund and Dove Lewis. It also closed 136 Kiva loans, raising more than $4,400 to help alleviate poverty and create a better future for families in 38 countries.
“I started the donation program years ago as a way to teach my children to give back,” said Renee Spears, Rose City Mortgage Division Manager. “There is so much need in the world right now and it’s up to businesses to step up and help in any way they can. Knowing that we are making the world a better place is the reason our branch comes to work every day. We love Portland and will do everything we can to take care of it.”
Rose City Mortgage held a celebration in early March to thank everyone who contributed to this achievement. During the event, the company asked their attendees to “Be the Change” and make a donation with their pocket change. It raised more than $300 for The Pongo Fund which focuses on fighting animal hunger and providing vital veterinary care throughout the low-income community, money that will bring great food and lifesaving veterinary care to animals who would be left hungry and hurting otherwise.
“Rose City Mortgage’s culture of giving is the most authentic type of giving because they give from the heart in the most simple and meaningful way possible,” said Larry Chusid, Founder and Director of The Pongo Fund. “Be it one dollar or one million dollars, it all starts in the same place and that is, from the heart. Thanks to Rose City Mortgage, The Pongo Fund has helped keep 100,000 animals safe at home and out of the shelters, and that is something to celebrate.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Head of Credit Risk - Private Bank - Oakwood Search - San Jose, CA
- Home Lending Manager - Northern Indiana - Ft. Wayne - JPMorgan Chase and - Fort Wayne, IN
- Credit Risk Officer II (Financial Institutions) - Santander - Dorchester Center, MA
- Personal Banker - Washington Market Locations: North WA - Northwest WA - Eastern WA and Surrounding Areas (WWA) - JPMorgan Chase and - Everett, WA
- Wholesale Account Executive - Loan Depot - Franklin, TN
- Business Banking Center Mgr I (Liberty North) at (Bank Midwest) - NBH Bank - Liberty, MO