The Hottest Housing Market in June Is …
July 5, 2018
For the third consecutive month, Midland, Texas, has topped Realtor.com’s list of the nation’s hottest housing markets.
Midland’s list domination was credited a lower population density, lower-than-national average construction costs, a strong local economy and a housing market where prices are not too high.
Second place on the list went to Columbus, Ohio, which fourth in May, while Boston fell from second place in May to third place in June.
Only two California markets cracked the top 10 on the June list: San Francisco in sixth place and Vallejo in seventh. Javier Vivas, director of economic research at Realtor.com, observed that overheated markets—including many California metro areas that once ruled on the hottest markets list—are becoming less desirable.
"We're seeing interest and money shift away from the overheated markets into less expensive secondary markets," he said. "It's a signal of those markets coming to a point where people are either understanding that they're not getting the home they want or they have to make a sacrifice."
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Jackson,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Savannah,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II (REMOTE) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,