Foreign Buyers Scoop Up Texas Residential Property
August 30, 2018
International homebuyers in pursuit of Texas real estate market pumped $10.89 billion to the Lone Star State economy between April 2017 to March 2018, according to the Texas International Homebuyers Report released by the Texas Association of Realtors.
Among the states for international home sales volume, Texas ranked third behind Florida and California and accounted for 9 percent of all U.S. property purchased by foreign buyers during that period with 24,012 home sales out of 266,800 nationwide. Thirty-eight percent of foreign homebuyers who purchased in Texas came from Mexico, followed by homebuyers from China (7 percent), India (6 percent), the United Kingdom (5 percent) and Canada (3 percent).
"International home sales activity continues to be one of the strongest sectors in Texas real estate, spurring strong growth in the Texas economy," said Kaki Lybbert, chairman of the Texas Association of Realtors. "Despite the slight drop in international homebuyers compared to the previous period, Texas remains an international hub and top destination for people from across the world to live, work and conduct business."
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Jackson,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Everett,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Savannah,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Morgan Hill,
- Loan Processor II (REMOTE) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,