Foreign Buyers Scoop Up Texas Residential Property
August 30, 2018
International homebuyers in pursuit of Texas real estate market pumped $10.89 billion to the Lone Star State economy between April 2017 to March 2018, according to the Texas International Homebuyers Report released by the Texas Association of Realtors.
Among the states for international home sales volume, Texas ranked third behind Florida and California and accounted for 9 percent of all U.S. property purchased by foreign buyers during that period with 24,012 home sales out of 266,800 nationwide. Thirty-eight percent of foreign homebuyers who purchased in Texas came from Mexico, followed by homebuyers from China (7 percent), India (6 percent), the United Kingdom (5 percent) and Canada (3 percent).
"International home sales activity continues to be one of the strongest sectors in Texas real estate, spurring strong growth in the Texas economy," said Kaki Lybbert, chairman of the Texas Association of Realtors. "Despite the slight drop in international homebuyers compared to the previous period, Texas remains an international hub and top destination for people from across the world to live, work and conduct business."
FMJ Job Listings
- Chief Financial Officer - True North Federal Credit Union - Juneau, AK
- Residential Mortgage Loan Post Closer Coordinator Kansas Farm Bureau | Manhattan, KS - Undisclosed - MANHATTAN, KS
- Retail Personal Banker II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Transaction Coordinator (Contract to Close) - Guild Mortgage Company - Plano,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Hudson Oaks,
- Transaction Coordinator (Lead to Contract) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Antonio,