Moody's Acquires Reis for $278M
August 30, 2018
Moody’s Corp. has announced that it will acquire Reis Inc., a commercial real estate data provider, in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $278 million.
Reis provides analysis and forecasts for 275 metropolitan markets and 7,700 submarkets across the nation. In announcing the acquisition, Moody’s stated it will be able to further expand the reach of its Moody’s Analytics’ operation into the commercial property space. The transaction is expected to close at the end of the fourth quarter of this year.
“Commercial real estate is analytically very complex, and Reis has committed decades of effort and expertise building a unique data asset with critical and hard to replicate information on this large and important asset class,” said Mark Almeida, president of Moody's Analytics. “Their data on CRE supply and Moody’s Analytics’ insights on the demand for commercial properties will provide market participants with a powerful 360-degree view of the economics of CRE lending and investment. Working together, both Reis and Moody’s Analytics will become even more relevant and valuable to CRE finance professionals.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator. - Fifth Third Bank - TAMPA, FL
- Retail Personal Banker II - Growth - Cary - Fifth Third Bank - CRYSTAL LAKE, IL
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - Sarasota, FL
- Retail Referring PB II - Mature - Island Lake - Fifth Third Bank - ISLAND LAKE, IL
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - Nashville, TN