Verus Finalizes $489.6 Million Non-QM MBS Transaction
September 6, 2018
Verus Mortgage Capital (VMC) has announced the completion of its sixth rated RMBS (Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities) transaction for $489.6 million. The transaction is the largest in VMC history, and also the largest non-QM MBS transaction in a decade.
The transaction was rated by S&P Global Ratings and includes 853 loans from 59 lenders. More than 80 percent of the loans are non-QM mortgages, with the balance of the loan pool consisting of property-focused investor loans. Nearly 45 percent were bank statement loans.
“This transaction is a milestone for our organization and the non-QM market,” said Dane Smith, President of VMC. “We are proud of the VMC team and all they have done to get us to this point. It’s a great way to underscore the fact that there is demand for quality non-QM and investor loans. We’re committed to building quality partnerships and a vibrant secondary market. We will continue to demonstrate that commitment by purchasing responsible non-QM and investor loans in a timely and consistent manner.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Originator - Reliant Credit Union - Sodus, NY
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - State Department Federal Credit Union - Washington, DC Metro Area, VA
- Underwriter III - Guild Mortgage Company - Portland,
- Underwriter III - Guild Mortgage Company - Columbia,
- Closer II - Guild Mortgage Company - Atlanta,
- Closer I - Guild Mortgage Company - Columbia,