Median Rents Down Slightly
October 1, 2018
Median rents were down slightly in the latest rental housing data compiled by ABODO.
The median national one-bedroom unit rents took a scant dip from $1,022 in September to $1,020 in October. Milwaukee recorded the greatest rent hike on one-bedroom units for October, up 12 percent from $1,050 in September to $1,180 in October. Charleston, S.C., had the greatest rent decline for this sector, dropping 8.1 percent from $1,388 in September to $1,276 in October.
Two-bedroom units saw their median rent levels drop from $1,294 last month to $1,269 this month. Las Vegas saw the greatest spike for the median two-bedroom rent, up 10.3 percent from $1,461 in September to $1,612 in October, while New Orleans had the biggest decline, falling 4.9 percent from $1,833 last month to $1,744 this month.
And, once again, San Francisco led the nation with the highest rents, $3,864 for a median one-bedroom rental and $4,972 for the two-bedroom median rentals.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Originator. - Fifth Third Bank - LAFAYETTE, IN
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - STRONGSVILLE, OH
- Retail Personal Banker - Cincinnati and Kentucky - Fifth Third Bank - KENWOOD, OH
- CRA Loan Specialist - Fifth Third Bank - SHELBYVILLE, IN
- DeNovo Support Manager. - Fifth Third Bank - CINCINNATI, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - EVANSVILLE, IN