Median Rents Down Slightly
October 1, 2018
Median rents were down slightly in the latest rental housing data compiled by ABODO.
The median national one-bedroom unit rents took a scant dip from $1,022 in September to $1,020 in October. Milwaukee recorded the greatest rent hike on one-bedroom units for October, up 12 percent from $1,050 in September to $1,180 in October. Charleston, S.C., had the greatest rent decline for this sector, dropping 8.1 percent from $1,388 in September to $1,276 in October.
Two-bedroom units saw their median rent levels drop from $1,294 last month to $1,269 this month. Las Vegas saw the greatest spike for the median two-bedroom rent, up 10.3 percent from $1,461 in September to $1,612 in October, while New Orleans had the biggest decline, falling 4.9 percent from $1,833 last month to $1,744 this month.
And, once again, San Francisco led the nation with the highest rents, $3,864 for a median one-bedroom rental and $4,972 for the two-bedroom median rentals.
FMJ Job Listings
- Vice President of Lending - Greater Iowa Credit Union - Ames, IA
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Troy,
- Loan Processor I - Guild Mortgage Company - Austin,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Austin,
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,