MBA: $285B in Multifamily Loans in 2017
October 25, 2018
Multifamily lending in 2017 reached a new record of $285 billion in 2017, up six percent from the previous year, according to a new report from the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA).
While the sector saw loans originated by 2,554 lenders, 58 percent of these lenders made five or less multifamily loans during the year. Wells Fargo, CBRE Capital Markets, Inc., JP Morgan Chase & Company, Walker & Dunlop and Berkadia were the top lenders by dollar volume, and the greatest share of originations (46 percent) went to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
“The multifamily lending market in 2017 benefited from improving fundamentals, rising property values and low interest rates,” said Jamie Woodwell, MBA’s Vice President of Commercial Real Estate Research. “The result was larger loan sizes and record levels of overall borrowing and lending.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Closing Supervisor - Guild Mortgage Company - North Richland Hills,
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Hudson Oaks,
- Branch Administrative Assistant III - Guild Mortgage Company - Seattle,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Hudson oaks,
- Training Specialist, Loan Processing - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,
- Loan Processor II (Remote) - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,