MBA: $285B in Multifamily Loans in 2017
October 25, 2018
Multifamily lending in 2017 reached a new record of $285 billion in 2017, up six percent from the previous year, according to a new report from the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA).
While the sector saw loans originated by 2,554 lenders, 58 percent of these lenders made five or less multifamily loans during the year. Wells Fargo, CBRE Capital Markets, Inc., JP Morgan Chase & Company, Walker & Dunlop and Berkadia were the top lenders by dollar volume, and the greatest share of originations (46 percent) went to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
“The multifamily lending market in 2017 benefited from improving fundamentals, rising property values and low interest rates,” said Jamie Woodwell, MBA’s Vice President of Commercial Real Estate Research. “The result was larger loan sizes and record levels of overall borrowing and lending.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - Troy, MI
- retail personal banker associate II - Fifth Third Bank - SWANTON, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - BLUE ASH, OH
- Personal Banker II - Lincolnton, NC - Fifth Third Bank - Lincolnton, NC
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - Atlanta, GA
- Preferred Relationship Manager - Wicker Park - Fifth Third Bank - Chicago, IL