CMBS Delinquency Rate Inched Up
November 2, 2018
The overall delinquency rate for U.S. commercial real estate loans in commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) rose for the first time in six months—but only by a single basis point, according to new data from Trepp LLC.
The CMBS delinquency rate hit 3.42 percent in October, up from the post-crisis low of 3.41 percent set in September. One year ago, the rate was 5.21 percent.
Among the sectors within commercial real estate, the multifamily delinquency rate dropped by seven basis points to 1.88 percent; Trepp called the multifamily sector the best performing major property type. The retail delinquency rate increased 38 basis points to 5.39 percent, and Trepp added that retail was the worst performing major property type.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Business/Branch Loan Fulfillment Specialist - Jax Federal Credit Union - Jacksonville, FL
- VP of Lending - Pioneer Valley Federal Credit Union - Springfield, MA
- Mortgage Loan Processor II - Access Bank - Omaha,
- Universal Banker (204th Maple) - FNBO - Elkhorn,
- Correspondent Underwriter - TIAA - Jacksonville, FL
- Branch Manager - Jovia Financial Federal Credit Union - Westbury,