Fannie Mae Generated Nearly $4B in Q3 Income
November 2, 2018
Fannie Mae reported $3.97 billion in comprehensive income during the third quarter, down from $4.4 billion in the second quarter but higher than the $3.04 billion from the third quarter of 2017.
The government-sponsored enterprise (GSE) also reported $4 billion in net income for the third quarter, down from $4.4 billion in the previous quarter but higher than the $3 billion reported one year earlier. Fannie Mae added that it will pay a $4 billion dividend to the Department of the Treasury by Dec. 31.
“Fannie Mae’s strong third quarter results reflect the company’s positive momentum, the strength of our business, and our strategic direction,” said Hugh Frater, Interim CEO at Fannie Mae. “We are focused on serving our customers, helping them navigate market headwinds, and enabling a mortgage process that is better, faster, cheaper and safer. That means we have a responsibility to innovate, while maintaining our strong commitment to safety, soundness, and stewardship on behalf of taxpayers.”
Fannie Mae’s third quarter report follows news from earlier this week that Freddie Mac generated comprehensive income of $2.6 billion during the third quarter, up from $2.4 billion in the second quarter but down from the $4.7 billion reported in the third quarter of 2017. Freddie Mac also reported net income of $2.7 billion for the third quarter, up from $2.5 billion in the previous quarter but down from $4.6 billion one year earlier. Freddie Mac will make $2.6 billion dividend requirement to the Treasury in December.
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - Cornelius, NC
- Retail Personal Banker- St Charles West - Fifth Third Bank - St Charles, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II- Sterling - Fifth Third Bank - STERLING HEIGHTS, IL
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Glenview, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Ft Wayne/Decatur - Fifth Third Bank - Fort Wayne, IN
- Financial Center Manager Associate - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL