Senate Invokes Cloture on Kraninger CFPB Nomination
November 29, 2018
The U.S. Senate voted 50-49 along party lines to invoke cloture to limit debate on the nomination of Kathy Kraninger to become the next Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
The CFPB has been without a Director for a year, following the resignation of Richard Cordray to pursue his unsuccessful bid to become Ohio’s governor. Kraninger, who is Associate Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) was confirmed in August by the Senate Banking Committee in a 13-12 vote along party lines.
The Senate is expected to vote on Kraninger’s confirmation during the next week. Mick Mulvaney, the OMB Director, has served as CFPB Acting Director since Cordray’s departure.
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - CBRE - Newport Beach, CA
- Senior Vice President, Marketing - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union - Anchorage, AK
- VAS - Vice President - CBRE - Boise, ID
- Underwriter - CBRE - Oak Brook, IL
- External Mortgage Loan Officer - Anheuser-Busch Employees' Credit Union - St. Louis, MO
- Chief Lending Officer - Credit Union of Georgia - Woodstock, GA