GSE NPL Sales Plummet
December 5, 2018
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sold 7,140 Non-Performing Loans (NPLs) during the first half of this year, according to new data from the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA). This down from a total of 18,419 NPLs sold in the first half of 2017.
NPLs sold through the first half of 2018 had an average delinquency of 3.1 years and an average current loan-to-value ratio of 95 percent, not including capitalized arrearages. Three states—New Jersey, New York, and Florida—accounted for 46 percent of NPLs sold in this period.
From Dec. 31, 2015 to June 30, 2018 the number of loans one or more years delinquent held in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s portfolios decreased by 61 percent.
FMJ Job Listings
- Wealth Management Lending Officer - Mill Valley, CA - Bank Of America - Mill Valley, CA
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator E/P - Bank Of America - Melville, NY
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Chandler, AZ - Bank Of America - Chandler, AZ
- Financial Center Loan Officer - Wells - Bank Of America - Wells, ME
- Financial Center Loan Officer - Hooksett - Bank Of America - Hooksett, NH
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Kent, WA - Bank Of America - Kent, WA