Median Sales Price Records in Massachusetts and New Hampshire
July 24, 2019
June was a very profitable month for the housing markets in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, with median sale prices for both single-family homes and condominiums reaching new highs, according to data from The Warren Group.
Last month in Massachusetts, the median single-family sale price rose 2.1 percent on a year-over-year basis to a record $429,000. This occurred while the number of single-family home sales fell 9.6 percent from 7,217 in June 2018 to 6,523 last month. On the condo side, the median sale price soared 9.1 percent to a new peak of $420,000, marking the second consecutive month that the median sale price has exceeded $400,000. And as with single-family home sales, there were fewer condo transactions: 2,620 sales in June versus 2,969 sales one year earlier, an 11.8 percent decrease.
Over in New Hampshire, the median single-family sale price ascended 6.8 percent on a year-over-year basis to $299,000, an all-time high for the state. While prices soared, sales dropped: 1,698 single-family home sales were recorded, a 12.7 percent decrease from June 2018 when there were 1,946 transactions. The same pattern stretched into the state’s condo market: the median sale price rose 2.9 percent to break a record level at $217,000 while June’s 538 sales was a 6.4 percent slump from the 575 sales in June 2018.
FMJ Job Listings
- Real Estate Loan Processor / Mortgage Processor - Oregon State Credit Union - Corvallis, OR
- Processor II - Accenture, LLC - Charlotte, NC
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Bellevue,
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Bellevue,
- Loan Officer Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Tacoma,
- Loan Processor II - Guild Mortgage Company - Meridian,