New Platform Aimed at Spanish-Speaking Homebuyers
August 12, 2019
Nationwide Mortgage Bankers (NMB), an independent mortgage lender headquartered in Melville, N.Y., has introduced Americasa, an online platform designed for Spanish-speaking homebuyers.
The company cited 2017 data from U.S. Census Bureau that determined 41 million people in the U.S. speak Spanish at home, with only 59.9 percent of that share speaking English ‘very well.” NMB added that Americasa is designed to help Spanish-language speakers feel more empowered in learning more about the mortgage lending process.
"I am very excited to announce the launch of Americasa for our Spanish-speaking customers,” said Richard Steinberg, Founder and Chairman of the Board at NMB. “We feel this market is highly underserved and look to be the go- to source for Spanish speaking organizations.”
In April, the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP) released a study that found the nation’s Hispanic population recorded a net gain of 362,000 homeowners last year, resulting in an increased Hispanic homeownership rate from 46.2 percent in 2017 to 47.1 percent in 2018. NAHREP also noted that the nation’s 58.9 million Hispanics account for 18.1 percent of the overall U.S. population. By 2045, NAHREP added, non-Hispanic Whites will become 49.7 percent of the total population while Hispanics will account for 24.6 percent of the U.S. population and other racial or ethnic groups will account for the remaining percentage.
FMJ Job Listings
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Greensburg - Fifth Third Bank - GREENSBURG, IN
- Personal Banker Associate I - Georgetown - Fifth Third Bank - Indianapolis, IN
- Personal Banker Associate I - Castleton - Fifth Third Bank - Indianapolis, IN
- Client Engagement Manager - Experian - Costa Mesa, CA
- Transaction Coordinator - Guild Mortgage Company - Sacramento,
- Mortgage Sales Assistant - Fifth Third Bank - OAK PARK, IL