MLB Player Ryan Schimpf Joins Angel Oak Home Loans
September 6, 2019
Angel Oak Home Loans has announced the hiring of former Major League Baseball player Ryan Schimpf as a licensed mortgage advisor, serving the states of Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama.
Schimpf made his professional baseball debut in 2016 with the San Diego Padres as a third baseman, after playing seven years in the minor leagues. He was named the National League's Rookie of the Month for July 2016. After the 2017 season, the Padres traded Schimpf to the Tampa Bay Rays, but two days later he was traded to Atlanta Braves. Three weeks later, he Schimpf was traded to the Los Angeles Angels, only to be released by the team after two months. He later played in the Mexican Pacific League and the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, ending his career in April with the Sugar Land Skeeters.
For his new work at Angel Oak, Schimpf will be based in his hometown of Covington, La.
“Through my years of playing in the major leagues, I’ve developed a set of skills that will help me be confident in my new role as a licensed mortgage advisor,” says Schimpf. “Whether it be my commitment to quality service, to having a team-player mentality I am looking forward to lending my expertise to homebuyers across my home state.”
FMJ Job Listings
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Wilmington, OH
- Consumer Loan Credit Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Cincinnati, OH
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - NAPLES, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - St. Petersburg, FL