Fannie Mae in Partnership on New Career Prep Program
December 13, 2019
Fannie Mae's Future Housing Leaders has teamed with the non-profit Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) to launch the Future Housing Leaders Fellowship, a career preparation program.
According to the organizations, this program will enable college students to apply for internships through Future Housing Leaders, a program created to connect college students with housing industry companies committed to diversity and inclusion. Students accepted to the Future Housing Leaders Fellowship will be eligible for paid internships at more than 25 real estate companies within the housing finance, fintech, and building and construction industries.
“MLT prepares African American, Latinx and Native American women and men to secure high-trajectory post-college jobs that deliver economic mobility for them and their families, and then provides the social capital they need to become senior executives,” said MLT Founder and CEO John Rice. “This partnership will increase access to a wealth-generating industry in which minorities are underrepresented. Careers in the housing industry also offer the opportunity to have an impact on our communities, to expand access to affordable housing, and to address gaps in homeownership.”
Nancy Jardini, Fannie Mae's chief of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion, said: "We know that companies are stronger and perform better when they are more diverse, and reflect the customers whom they serve. The Future Housing Leaders Fellowship will encourage even more college students to pursue a career in housing."
FMJ Job Listings
- Quality Control Manager - MGIC - Milwaukee, WI
- HSS III - Specialty Merrill - Bank Of America - Richmond, VA
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Drake Road FC - Farmington Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Farmington Hills, MI
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Columbia Mall - Columbia, MD - Bank Of America - Columbia, MD
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Arlington, TX (North Collins) - Bank Of America - Arlington, TX
- Loan Officer - Guild Mortgage Company - tomball,