New App Helps Builders With Accessibility Mandates
January 24, 2020
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) is now offering the Pocket Guide to the Fair Housing Act, a free app designed to help contractors and designers meet federal accessibility requirements.
According to the NAHB, the app provides information on whether a residential construction project is in line with Fair Housing Act’s accessibility mandates. The app also offers a quick reference guide to the seven basic accessibility requirements for compliance with the law. Development for the app was partially funded by an educational grant from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) through the Fair Housing Initiatives Program, and NAHB’s legal, codes and technology departments provided input for its contents.
“HUD welcomes the efforts of this important housing industry partner in working to meet the needs of persons with disabilities,” said HUD Secretary Ben Carson. “This new app represents an exciting new tool in our collective effort to help ensure that home builders meet their Fair Housing Act obligations.”
“Through this free tool, NAHB strives to increase Fair Housing Act compliance within the housing industry and facilitate greater access to multifamily housing for persons with disabilities,” said NAHB Immediate Past Chairman Greg Ugalde.
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Vice President of TFCU Holdings - El Paso Area Teachers Federal Credit Union (TFCU) - El Paso, TX
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Streetsboro, OH
- Mortgage Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC
- Direct Channel Loan Originator - Fifth Third Bank - Richmond, VA
- Retail Personal Banker Associate II . Winter Park FL . Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Winter Park, FL
- Personal Banker Associate II - Williamson Square (Franklin, TN) - Fifth Third Bank - Franklin, TN