Survey: Nearly Half of Homeowners Plan to Move This Decade
February 12, 2020
A new survey conducted by LendingTree has determined that 45 percent of homeowners have plans to move to a different house sometime before 2030, while 22% haven't set any expectations. The survey, which polled 1,552 adults, found 22 percent of respondents not setting any plans for relocation during the 2020s. For those that planned to move out of their home during the decade, 16 percent planned to move to a new house in their current location, 15 percent planned to move to a new city within their current state and 15 percent were planning to move to another state.
As for the reasons for moving, 30 percent of respondents were in search of an area with a lower cost of living, 28 percent were seeking better job opportunities, 21 percent wanted to be closer to their children and 18 percent were planning to retire.
The survey also found about one in six homeowners planned to return to renting at some point over the next 10 years.
FMJ Job Listings
- Sales Operations Manager II - Bank Of America - Charlotte, NC
- Home Services Specialist III/II - Bank Of America - Brea, CA
- Fulfillment Team Leader-SFLO - Bank Of America - Tampa, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer-Westchester - Bank Of America - Miami, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer - West Los Angeles Financial Center - West Los Angeles, CA - Bank Of America - West Los Angeles, CA
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Valley Fair Mall FC - West Valley City, UT - Bank Of America - West Valley City, UT