Black Knight: Mortgage Delinquencies at Record Low
February 20, 2020
Mortgage delinquencies during January recorded a five percent decline from the previous year and a 14 percent drop from one year earlier, according to new data from Black Knight Inc., which noted the delinquency rate has crashed to the lowest recorded level since its data tracking began in 2000.
Black Knight added that fewer than two million homeowners are past due on their mortgages or in active foreclosure, the lowest number since March 2005. But while the national foreclosure rate was mostly unchanged from one year earlier, foreclosure starts edged upward from December to January, although they were also roughly 15 percent below last year’s levels.
Prepayment activity in January was 15 percent below the December level, but was also 113 percent above the level set one year earlier.
FMJ Job Listings
- Chief Lending Officer - Members Trust of the Southwest FCU - Houston, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Mortgage Loan Coordinator - Bilingual (Spanish) - Plano, TX - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Centre Park - Columbia, MD - Bank Of America - Columbia, MD
- Financial Center Lending Officer - 12 Mile/Halsted FC - Farmington Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Farmington Hills, MI
- Personal Banker II - Stonecrest (Charlotte area) - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC