New Residential Transfers Agency Subservicing From PHH
February 26, 2020
New Residential Investment Corporation has reached an agreement with Ocwen Financial Corporation to transfer the subservicing of agency loans currently subserviced by PHH Mortgage Corporation, a subsidiary of Ocwen, to its NewRez LLC subsidiary.
The transaction will involve PHH transferring the subservicing of approximately $41.8 billion unpaid principal balance (UPB) of agency MSRs, representing approximately 310,000 loans. Transfers are expected to occur during the second and third quarters of this year. After the transfers are completed, New Residential will maintain its subservicing relationship with Ocwen related to the portfolio of non-agency loans currently subserviced by PHH.
“Both New Residential and Ocwen have evolved tremendously since we first announced our agency subservicing agreement with PHH. We believe this transfer is in the best long-term interests of our company as we execute on our business strategy,” said Michael Nierenberg, president, CEO and chairman of New Residential.
FMJ Job Listings
- Corporate Underwriter- Tampa, FL - Bank Of America - Tampa, FL
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Guilford - Bank Of America - Guilford, CT
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Hamden Plaza - Bank Of America - Hamden, CT
- EAC Compliance & Operational Risk Manager - Bank Of America - Plano, TX
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Rochester Orion FC - Rochester Hills, MI - Bank Of America - Rochester Hills, MI
- Financial Center Lending Officer - Laurel Center - Bank Of America - Laurel, MD