Quicken-Funded Program Helps Nearly 1,200 Detroit Families Keep Their Homes
February 28, 2020
The Quicken Loans Community Fund, City of Detroit and United Community Housing Coalition (UCHC) announced that 557 properties entered into Detroit’s Make It Home program during 2019, bringing the program’s total to 1,157 families were able to avoid tax-foreclosure related displacement. The Make It Home program launched in 2017.
The average price of a Make It Home property for last year’s participants was $2,880, based on a range of $1,000 to $10,700. Participants included renters and others who never held title to the property, as well as low-income Homeowners Property Tax Assistance Program (HPTAP)-eligible households who pay $1,000 to participate.
To date, 241 properties from the 2019 group already were paid in full, with the rest on track for completion within the next 12 months.
“Make It Home takes an incredibly destructive system and uses it to instead build homeownership, wealth and stability for hundreds of Detroit families, and we are grateful for our continued partnership with the City and UCHC,” said Laura Grannemann, vice president of the Quicken Loans Community Fund. “Building upon the success of our inaugural repair program, we are thrilled to dedicate an additional $700,000 to ensure these residents are able to fund improvements that make their house feel like a home. Every homeowner should be empowered to make necessary repairs and create the home of their dreams.”
Subscribe to the NMP Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- Consumer Compliance Specialist - Financial Services - Troutman Pepper - Wilmington, DE
- Senior Vice President of Human Resources - American Heritage Credit Union - Philadelphia, PA
- Executive Vice President / Chief Operations Officer - American Heritage Credit Union - Philadelphia, PA
- Personal Banker I - Dilworth (Charlotte Area) - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Personal Banker II - Dilworth - Charlotte Area - Fifth Third Bank - Charlotte, NC
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Midtown East - Fifth Third Bank - Raleigh, NC