Dallas To Offer Money For Homeowners, Renters And Small Businesses
May 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas will be accepting applications beginning today, for $13.7 million in mortgage and rental assistance for those who are facing eviction or foreclosure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"The money comes from grants and the CARES Act—The Coronavirus relief package passed by Congress. The funds are meant to help people who have lost their jobs or income during the pandemic," according to NBC DFW.
"The impact on individuals, whether they are renters, mortgage holders, small business owners are taking a big hit. You can’t have economic recovery without housing stability," said Dr. Eric Anthony Johnson, the chief of Economic Development and Neighborhood Services for the city of Dallas.
Folks can access the online application portal right now. The city has also provided a phone number (469-749-6500) for folks who are unable to access the web portal. Calls are able to be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, though, the city is warning that there may be long hold times or busy signals.
Subscribe to the nmp Daily
FMJ Job Listings
- U/W Liaison I - Guild Mortgage Company - San Diego,
- Field Marketing Manager - Guild Mortgage Company - Sacramento,
- Underwriting Manager - Fifth Third Bank - Virtual, OH
- Financial Center Manager Associate I - Fifth Third Bank - Bradenton, FL
- Retail Personal Banker II - Buffalo Grove - Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - BUFFALO GROVE, IL
- Retail Personal Banker Associate I - Kildeer - Full Time - Fifth Third Bank - Kildeer, IL