Dallas To Offer Money For Homeowners, Renters And Small Businesses
May 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas will be accepting applications beginning today, for $13.7 million in mortgage and rental assistance for those who are facing eviction or foreclosure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
"The money comes from grants and the CARES Act—The Coronavirus relief package passed by Congress. The funds are meant to help people who have lost their jobs or income during the pandemic," according to NBC DFW.
"The impact on individuals, whether they are renters, mortgage holders, small business owners are taking a big hit. You can’t have economic recovery without housing stability," said Dr. Eric Anthony Johnson, the chief of Economic Development and Neighborhood Services for the city of Dallas.
Folks can access the online application portal right now. The city has also provided a phone number (469-749-6500) for folks who are unable to access the web portal. Calls are able to be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, though, the city is warning that there may be long hold times or busy signals.
FMJ Job Listings
- Mortgage Loan Processor - First Commerce Credit Union - , GA
- Sales & Service Rep - Undisclosed - Prospect, KY
- Loan Processing Assistant - Guild Mortgage Company - Columbia,
- Loan Processing Supervisor - Guild Mortgage Company - Roseville,
- Analyst, Capital Markets - JLL - Phoenix, AZ
- Loan Processor III - Guild Mortgage Company - Hudson Oaks,