Skip to main content

WSFS Regional Study Finds Buyers Feeling Stress When Purchasing A Home

Navi Persaud
Jun 18, 2020
Man who is stressed out.

A regional study conducted by WSFS Mortgage revealed that homebuyers in Delaware and greater Philadelphia are feeling stressed out when it comes to purchasing a home. The study examined Gen Xers, millennials and those in Generation Z, who plan to purchase a home within two years. 
"Eight out of 10 (83%) respondents believe they know what to do to get a mortgage, with young millennials (85%) exhibiting the most confidence. However, one third (34%) of those who don’t own a home today are extremely anxious, with another 52% somewhat anxious about the homebuying process (total 86%)," according to the report.
Most of the stress comes from the homebuying process, with 74% of respondents finding it to be complicated. Looking closer at the anxieties these respondents have, 81% are stressed when it comes to locating the right house at the right price, 74% feel stressed when trying to find the right financing, and 73% are stressed when it comes to gathering down payments.
Nearly two-thirds of those surveyed said their plans to purchase a home in 2020 were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Though, as interest rates remain low and pandemic restrictions begin to ease, homebuyers are willing to purchase a home within the next six months.
“Although COVID-19 delayed homebuyers getting started on their home searches this spring, they’ve had time to research and consider their current home needs; now they are ready to restart the process with people they can trust to guide them through the process,” said Jeffrey M. Ruben, president of WSFS Mortgage.
That's not all, the survey also showed that buyers are valuing the relationships with their lenders over technology for these regions. Additionally, younger respondents are more likely to seek one-on-one advice, according to the report.
Click here to read more from the WSFS Mortgage Regional Study.

Jun 18, 2020
Rocket Pro Announces Major Initiatives

Company brings Rocket Tech, the Rocket Network and Rocket Marketing to mortgage brokers across the country

Industry News
Oct 19, 2021
FormFree Taps Amazon Web Services For Consumer Financial Identity Solutions

FormFree will use Amazon's blockchain technology to manage its latest consumer Financial DNA solution and its newly introduced FormFree Exchange.

Oct 19, 2021
Synergy One Lending Increases Its Capital By $50M

San Diego-based Synergy One Lending Inc. completed a $50 million corporate note financing with a consortium of institutional investors.

Industry News
Oct 19, 2021
TransUnion Sees Untapped Growth Opportunity For The Mortgage Industry

A study conducted by TransUnion, which explores the creditworthiness of low-to-moderate income consumers, revealed that the segment represents a $300 billion growth opportunity for the mortgage industry.

Analysis and Data
Oct 19, 2021
Zillow Stock Falls After It Halts Buying Houses To Flip

Zillow’s stock fell nearly 10% Monday after the company announced its Zillow Offers division would stop buying homes.

Industry News
Oct 19, 2021
MBA Swears In New Officers For 2021-22

Kristy Fercho, executive vice president and head of home lending at Wells Fargo, is the new chairman.

Industry News
Oct 18, 2021