Zillow To Provide Home Shoppers With Data On LGBT Legal Protections
June 23, 2020
Zillow unveiled LGBT Local Legal Protections, a resource to help people see whether for-sale and rental listings are in communities where state and local regulations explicitly protect individuals who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT) from discrimination.
All property listings on Zillow, including homes on and off the market, now include information about the home's jurisdiction and the local laws in place that protect fair and equal treatment in housing, employment, as well as public accommodations based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
"It's 2020, and yet, unfortunately, in many parts of the United States, LGBTQ+ home shoppers still face housing discrimination," said Dawn Lyon, Zillow chief corporate relations officer. "That's why we strongly support federal-level protections as part of the Equality Act. In lieu of federal law and in the spirit of 'turning on the lights,' we want to give people the most information possible when buying, renting and financing a home, including which communities provide equal protection under the law for all."
Currently, only 22 U.S. states and the District of Columbia offer statewide laws explicitly prohibiting housing discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, and those laws can vary significantly by jurisdiction.
Click here for more information.
FMJ Job Listings
- Underwriter - Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation - , WI
- Sales Director - Aging Media Network - Remote, NA
- Sales & Service Rep - Jeffersontown - Undisclosed - Louisville, KY
- Underwriter III - Remote/WFH - Undisclosed - Louisville, KY
- Mortgage Originator - Reliant Credit Union - Sodus, NY
- Mortgage Loan Underwriter - State Department Federal Credit Union - Washington, DC Metro Area, VA